Become a Camp Cherokee staff member and make a difference!
What does it take?
- The commitment to provide the best, most positive experience for each camper.
- A high level of creativity, energy, enthusiasm, and support for every camper.
- The dedication to give at least 110% every minute of every day.
- A lot of hard work and your very best in all you do.
- A fun, dynamic, & inspiring personality.
- The ability to foster relationships, build friendships and bring the best out of everyone you encounter.
Who will we hire?
- Professional young adults who not only wish to be role models, but deserve to be looked up to.
- Individuals who believe in the greater good; those who understand Synergy- the idea that they can be a part of something greater than the combined sum of the individual parts alone.
- Those who dedicate themselves to the SAFETY and GROWTH of campers as well as fellow staff.
- Individuals who demonstrate the YMCA’s four core values (respect, honesty, caring and responsibility).
How to apply?
If you’re interested in becoming a staff member at YMCA Camp Cherokee, the process is simple. Please visit www.ymcaup.org for job postings and to complete an application. Applications open on October 1st and end on December 1st. After your application is received and reviewed, you will be contacted by a member of our Administrative Staff to conduct your interview. Pending satisfactory drug test and background check, we will inform you of employment opportunities on our staff by the end of March. All staff members are required to participate in our Counselor In Training program. We are always looking for exciting new people and would love to hear how you could be an asset to Camp Cherokee!